TURFSPORT's CORE WAGERING SOLUTION offers a BETTING ENGINE that can be deployed in either a FIXED ODDS or a TOTE BETTING configuration
The CORE WAGERING SOLUTION is the most extensively used HORSE RACING and SPORTS BETTING ENGINE in South Africa and has been tested and approved according to the SABS 1718(4) standard. We have invested almost 30 years of experience within the SPORTS BETTING and HORSE RACING industry into the development and continuous improvement of the CORE WAGERING SOLUTION.
The emphasis within the CORE WAGERING SOLUTION is on RISK MANAGEMENT, security and extensive controls to ensure that the integrity of a bet is not compromised and that a bookmaker complies with the regularity landscape in which they operate.
We pride ourselves on the fact that our solution has been designed to fit the needs of small, medium and large bookmakers alike. The solution can easily be configured to support your business and operational model, regardless of whether you operate within a single-user shop configuration or have a large operation with multiple users across multiple outlets, including ONLINE, MOBILE and TELEBETTING channels.
A differentiating feature within the BETTING ENGINE is an extensive USER PROFILE MANAGEMENT and permissions module that enables you to customise and define the individual user rights and permissions specific to your operational needs.
An added feature of this module is that it has an internal clock which controls the date and time stamp of all transactions and records significant events performed by users.
The BETTING ENGINE is scalable and can comfortably be deployed in either a single or multiple user configuration. The system is geared to process high volumes of data and is continiously enhanced to ensure that TURFSPORT's solutions remain relevant to our customers' ever changing needs.
Some key features include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to capture or SEAMLESSLY IMPORT EVENTS, MARKETS and PRICING information
- Fully AUTOMATED and optimised PROCESSING of DATE and TIME changes, SCRATCHINGS, CANCELLATIONS and RESULTING of markets
- An extensive (FICA compliant) PUNTER PROFILE and MANAGEMENT module, which enables a single account across multiple transaction channels
- Ability to LIMIT and MANAGE your overall EXPOSURE, by setting either PER PUNTER, PER MARKET, PER TOURNAMENT or PER SPORT
- MULTIPLE BETS across different events and win, place and matchplay BET TYPES
- SPECIAL multiple bets (PATENT, YANKEE, HEINZ)
- MULTIPLE CURRENCIES - there is no limit to the number of currencies, credit or cash
- An EXTENSIVE and detailed SYSTEM for CREDIT PUNTERS
- ADVANCED CASH RECONCILIATION for all outlets and users for all currencies
- EXTENSIVE RECONCILIATION to facilitate the accuracy of data and in preparation for a GENERAL LEDGER INTEGRATION
- SCRATCHINGS, RESULTS and the PROCESSING of DIVIDENDS
- Extensive REPORTING to reflect different BET TYPES, BETTING TRENDS, SIGNIFICANT EVENTS and much more
- MAXIMUM LIABILITY at a market and punter level
- Upload TAX REPORTS TO REGULATORS via a secure FTP site
- COMPLIANCE with FICA requirements
- INTEGRATION into a number of EVENT FEEDS to facilitate fixtures, pricing and results
The TOTE BETTING SOLUTION is unique and differentiates itself from all other betting systems in that it complements the FIXED ODDS BETTING SOLUTION. You are able to accept both FIXED ODDS and POOL BETS within the same system.
The TOTE BETTING SOLUTION has the same features as a standard TOTALISATOR. As the accumulation of different BET TYPES increases, this information is displayed to the public with the expected dividend. These dividends are transmitted to all other TURFSPORT platforms in real time (for example to DISPLAY SOLUTIONS, ONLINE and MOBI sites and SELF SERVICE TERMINALS).
To facilitate the efficient processing of high bet volumes, the COUPON READER is also part of the TOTE BETTING SOLUTION. Bets on HORSE RACING (OPEN and EXOTICS) and SOCCER POOLS (Soccer6) can be marked on a coupon.
The following BET TYPES are included in the current TOTE BETTING SOLUTION but the system is flexible and different pool betting can be introduced: - WIN and PLACE - SWINGER - EXACTA - TRIFECTA - QUARTET - JACKPOT (PICK 4) - PICK 5 - PICK 6 - PICK 7 - PLACE ACCUMULATOR
Please contact us for more information on the TURFSPORT's Lottery Solution: +27 21 686 1920.
The following BET TYPES come standard with the FIXED ODDS BETTING SOLUTION:
- FIXED ODDS WIN - FIXED ODDS PLACE - STARTING PRICE - MATCHPLAY sports bets (WIN / DRAW / LOSE) - OPEN WIN (TOTE WIN) - OPEN PLACE (TOTE PLACE)
Additional BET TYPE modules can be added to the FIXED ODDS BETTING SOLUTION: - OPEN BETS - SPREAD BETS - EXOTIC BETS - LOTTO BETS
This software module is the primary interface to access the CORE WAGERING SOLUTION. Any user, such as the examples below, will use a TERMINAL CONNECTION license to access the BETTING ENGINE: - TELLERS - CALL CENTRE and TELEBETTING AGENTS - TRADERS - BOOKMAKERS - BACK OFFICE OPERATIONAL and ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF - REGULATORY AUDITORS
The number of concurrent users on your system will define how many TERMINAL CONNECTION licenses you require.
For retail outlets with high volumes of punters, the use of COUPON READERS can speed up the processing of bets and potentially reduce the number of tellers required.
An OPEN BET, or what is commonly understood as a TOTE BET, is a POOLED BET where the odds are unknown at the time the bet is placed. Once the betting is closed, usually at the start of an event, the odds are determined.
TURFSPORT defines the OPEN BET as follows: - SWINGER - EXACTA - DOUBLE (over 2 consecutive legs) - PICK 3 (over 3 consecutive legs) - TRIFECTA - QUARTET
T hese combination bets may be boxed, a banker or floating banker. All scratching rules according to the regulatory rules are implemented when processing the result of each leg.
As the dividend is determined by an EXTERNAL TOTALISATOR, there are a few RISK MANAGEMENT features for these bets:
- The total stake for all possible bet combinations is constantly maintained as possible risk
- You can define any warnings to prevent any combination exceeding a given limit
- The combined stake for all live exotic bets per winning leg is constantly updated to reflect a possible risk
The SPREAD BETS MODULE integrates with all the existing functionality of the BETTING ENGINE. This functionality includes:
- Defining the price as a HI or LO (BUY or SELL) score for a given outcome
- REAL-TIME PROFITABILITY per market as the price changes
- STOP LOSS or MINIMUM and MAXIMUM makeup per market
- The ability for a punter to CLOSE OUT a bet. If the original bet is high then you close at the low quote. If the original bet is low then you closeat the high quote.
- MARKETS may be SUSPENDED until play resumes
- TAX REPORTS are generated and uploaded via an FTP site to the regulators
The EXOTIC BETS MODULE enables punters to place bets on more than one outcome. Examples of this are betting on the winners of more than one horse race, or betting on consecutive finishers of a single horse race. If all your picks come in according to the way you have selected them, you win the exotic bet.
TURFSPORT's CORE WAGERING SOLUTION offers the following EXOTIC BET TYPES: - JACKPOT - PICK 6 (PICK 4 / 5 / 7) - PLACE ACCUMULATOR
The LOTTO MODULE gives the punter a much improved chance of winning compared to taking a lottery ticket. This bet is directed at a different audience, one that is not interested in horse racing or sports betting. The LOTTO MODULE offers default odds, but these can be modified to suit your requirements.
Examples of the BET TYPES and odds offered with the LOTTO MODULE include:
- 1 of the 7 correct numbers 5/1
- 2 of the 7 correct numbers 40/1
- 3 of the 7 correct numbers 150/1
- Bonus ball prediction 45/1
Bets may be taken across all TURFSPORT platforms including TELEBETTING, ONLINE, MOBILE and COUPON.
Bets are integrated into the BETTING ENGINE and benefit from all existing reporting, reconciliation and statistical analysis.
The RISK MANAGEMENT MODULE has been developed for added functionality and customisation to the BETTING ENGINE. This powerful management reporting tool is intended for larger organisations that trade online or in a multi-branch environment.
- Statistics available for different branches include:
- Profit and loss
- Average price per market
- Bet volumes
- Betting price history
- Show the RISK ANALYSIS statistics as outlined above in REAL-TIME for:
- Different sports
- Different tournaments
- Different events
- By date
- 'What If' scenarios to project bets going forward should a market win
- Export event fields to Excel spreadsheets
- Chart the outcome of different events for management reporting
- Drill down to more detailed bet information for any bet across all platforms and branches
Examples of the queries that can be done under EXCEPTION ANALYSIS include:- All bets for a date range
- All bets for a certain BET TYPE
- All winning multiple credit bets that only won in the last leg
- All cancelled bets for a given operator
- All coupon bets for a certain BET TYPE for a given branch or event
The PUNTER SETTLING MODULE provides detailed reports around the behaviour of a punter. It includes the following trends, but is not limited to:- Punters by turnover
- Punters by volume
- Punters by strike hit
Winning or losing bets:- Within a date range
- By company or branch
- By event or market
- For a punter or teller